Curried Coconut Vegetable Medley, By Athlete Emanuela Bandol
This colourful combination of vegetables not only brings fresh flavours but also excellent texture. You can enjoy this hearty meal on its own or it can complement any meat dish.
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 large carrots chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes cut in cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups black beans
- 10 white mushrooms
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups bone broth or vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 3 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp salt and pepper
- Sauté onion, garlic, and spices in coconut oil over medium heat.
- Once translucent, add broth, diced tomatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes. Cool for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Then, add all other vegetables and beans except mushrooms. Cool for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and coconut milk and cook at low heat for three minutes.
- Turn off heat, move off the burner, and enjoy once it has cooled off a bit.
We Made This!
By Brian Maslach I'm behind with writing due to the overwhelming demand...
Five Things You Didn't Know About Hydration
If you live at altitude or in the desert, you’ve probably gotten so accu...
Katie Compton's Beta Red Brownie Recipe
I've been fortunate to know Katie since she moved to Colorado Springs ma...
Why Cherry Brownie?
I’ve been intrigued by the effects of tart cherries since researchers do...