Beta Red Apple Yum
Today's recipe was submitted to our How Did You Make That? Contest by
"Hold on to your pants! This is really good and just in time for fresh picked apples. It's wholesome, vegan, and gluten free and doesn't have any over-processed junk!
We're looking forward to trying this with Greek yogurt (for protein) as a post-workout refueling treat.
2 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)
1/4 C water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8" x 8" pan with coconut oil.
- Chop 6 apples, leaving peels on, and mix with cinnamon and lemon juice and set aside. (This is the filling.)
- Mix Beta Red, dates and oatmeal in blender until oatmeal is finely ground. Then add water and banana blend until smooth. (This is the Topping.)
- Put filling in greased pan and then pour topping on top.
- Bake 45 mins at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Makes 6 servings at 190 calories each with 43g carbohydrate, 1g protein, 1g fat, and 34g sodium.
There's still time to send us your favorite recipes with Beta Red or Enduro Bites. We’ve had some great combinations and we want to see what you have up your sleeve. Have a special Beta Red or Enduro Bites recipe that you've come up with for pre-workout? Or maybe something to fuel day-long adventures or races? How about a killer post-workout treat? Whatever it is, We want to know. The best entry gets a sweet Enduro Bites / Beta Red prize package.
Click here for details.
Colorado Climbing Camp By Haute Route Ambassadors
I got a last-minute invitation to ride the recent Colorado Climbing Camp...
All the Games!
Enduro Bites Ambassador Branden Rakita participated in the Ultimate Moun...
By Brian Maslach I Must be in Emporia! I made the drive to Emporia, Kan...
Because Who Doesn't Like Treats?
by Brian Maslach We tend to be pretty serious about nutrition around he...